What are Archetypes?

Archetypes are original patterns, which reside within the collective unconscious. They have primitive origin, and are linked to heredity.
Archetype has no form of its own, but it acts as an "organizing principle" of our behavious and motivations.
Jung described many archetypes (family, nature, animal, etc.), but there are several basic archetypes within all of us. They are the Shadow, the Anima/Animus, and the Self.

I'm trying to explore the jungian archetypes in my Archetypes serie..
I show a theme-archetype in each painting. The title help you to know what archetype I faced.
I chose red, yellow, and black as basic colors to paint these artworks, because I think they are right to show our basic instincts.
I don't want to shock you with "amazing-stunning-astonishing" images, I don't want to affect your unconscious. I want make you thinking, and while you think, you can discorver  your unconscious sides slowly.

Watch my video or go to my Archetypes Gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment